History of Computers

Greetings.

My name is Mark Myers.  I am an archival studies student working on a masters degree at Auburn University.  I was recently (in Oct. 1999) hired as a new archivist at the Alabama Department of Archives and History.  I have been lurking on this list for over a year as a student, now I'm "legal."

I thought I would join the recent wave of students asking for help.  I am taking a research seminar this quarter (Auburn is joining the rest of the world in the semester system this fall) in which I will be compiling an annotated bibliography on the history of digital technology and more specifically the history of the internet.  I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of not just books but any media including web sites.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.  Please respond off list at:  mmyers@archives.state.al.us

Thank you for your assistance.

Mark J. Myers
Electronic Records Archivist,
Government Records Division
Alabama Department of Archives and History
(334)242-4452 Ext. 264
mmyers@archives.state.al.us