From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On
Behalf Of Joan Bennert
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2000 10:40 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: advice on slide collection

Hello,  Greater Portland Landmarks has just received a grant to preserve
thirty-five years of slides of buildings, houses, and architectual
restoration in the Greater Portland area. I am looking for any advice
you might pass along before we get started. Our thoughts are to use
archival sleeves in hanging files so our patrons can view the slides on
a light table without touching them.  We would love to hear  your
comments, Joan

--
Joan N Bennert, librarian
22 Stormy Brook Rd.