Re: Archival Policies

And would you mind sharing anything you get with me, thanks, Linda Gorman, Director Library Services Johns HOpkins Bayview

>>> Daniel Sokolow <daniel_sokolow@MCGRAW-HILL.COM> 01/18 11:56 AM >>>
From: Daniel Sokolow@MCGRAW-HILL on 01/18/2000 11:56 AM

To:   archives@listserv.muohio.edu, busarch@gla.ac.uk
cc:
Subject:  Archival Policies

Apologies for cross-posting.

I know it's been done a million times, but naturally I didn't need it then.

Can anyone (most particularly corporate archivists) send me samples of their
archival policies?  I'm really looking for everything - Collection Development,
Collecting policies, disaster preparedness, Usage Policies, the whole nine yards
and whatever anyone else has come up with.  We're looking to develop some
coherent policies, and it would be nice to save some time & see what others have
done.

Spare everyone the grief, if you wouldn't mind, and send responses off-list.

I'll sleep better at night knowing I didn't cause unwanted emails.

Thanks in advance
Daniel

Daniel Sokolow
Corporate Archivist