Re: On-line access to archives/archival collections

Hi,
I have had a lot of this discussion forwarded to me by a colleague and have
found it interesting and useful. One thing...
<quote>
I am especially interested in what happens when an information seeker
actually hits paydirt and finds a webpage with the desired information.
Cheers,
Craig Wright
</quote>
I don't know how typical I am, but if I find a page that is
useful/interesting to me I will save it to my local computer (or cut and
paste the whole thing to a Word document) and pore through it 'offline'.
This will look to the server logs as if I have spent little time at the
page, but it should not be assumed that this means that I have not found
anything of value there. This is likely to be true of all of us who are
paying for our net access by the second.

Cheers,
Geoff.