Digital Imaging RFP's

This is going out to several lists, so please excuse cross-postings.

My name is Mark Myers and I am the electronic records archivist at the Alabama Department of Archives and History (ADAH).  We are in the process of starting a digital imaging program.  The focus of this program is to digitize historic documents and place them on our website.  This is being done to provide better access to some of our materials by our patrons and to help preserve the originals by allowing us to remove them from continual public use (they would be still available but only in extreme circumstances). develop policy and guidelines for future imaging projects.

We are currently in the process of writing a Request for Proposal (RFP) to purchase the hardware and software for our imaging project.  If there is anyone who has written a similar RFP or Invitation to Bid, I would like to request a copy of the document to help us in drafting ours.  What we are most interested in is the language and amount/kind of information that was included.  I have looked throught the archives of list and have not found anything specific.

If you would respond off-list my e-mail is: mmyers@archives.state.al.us

If anyone would like to fax a copy our number is:  (334)240-3433 and if you would make it Attention to:  Mark Myers, Government Records.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark J. Myers
Electronic Records Archivist,
Government Records Division
Alabama Department of Archives and History
(334)242-4452 Ext. 264
mmyers@archives.state.al.us