Re: Century - Humor

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Shields, Ingrid wrote:

1 - 100         1st century AD
101 - 200       2nd century AD
201 - 300       3rd century AD
""    ""
1801 - 1900     19th century AD
1901 - 2000     20th century AD
2001 -          21st century AD,

AD = in the year of the Lord,
When this calendar system was made they did not believe you could have
year 0 in the year of the Lord.  So there is no year 0
it went from 1 BC (before Christ) to 1 year in the year of the Lord.

> No, this is the 21st century!
>
> When a child is born he or she is 0 years old, but is in his or her first

There was no year 0.
If you have year 0,
it would be

0 - 99    1st cen.
100 - 199 2nd cen.
200 - 299 3rd cen.
""    ""
1800 - 1899 19th cen.
1900 - 1999 20th cen.
2000 -      21st cen.

It sounds nice to think that Jesus was born on the year 0, that is not how
they saw it when the calendar was made.

Also if you have a year 0, we would now be in the 21 century.