Archival Software in the United States

Dear Fellow Archivists:

1) I am looking for a published or on-line survey of current archival
software available in the United States. The survey I am looking for would
include evaluations of software as to efficacy and satisfactory accomodation
of archival cataloging and management tasks. Has such a thing been recently
published or available on the web?

2) My archives uses MINARET as an archival management program. If you have
successfully used MINARET for cataloging on the collection, folder and item
level,  including linking MINARET records to EAD files or creating complete
finding aids within MINARET records [if that's possible] please contact me
at fmohrr@yivo.cjh.org. Also, I am interesting to know if anyone has
successfully converted MINARET records to other archival software.

3) Iwould like to communicate with archival repositories which have
successfully collaborated with their library colleagues in the joint
creation of opacs, such that these opacs effectively accomodate with equal
ease  library items, archival holdings, photographs, art works, sound
recordings, etc., all in the same system.

4) Finally, I would like to communicate with someone who has cataloged in
ACCESS,  in marc format, and has been satisfied with ACCESS as an archival
cataloging tool.

My Archives has finding aids in the following different software files:
WP5.1 (wordprocessing files), Q&A (database), MINARET, Windows (Microsoft
Word), and  Macintosh database and wordprocessing files. The Macintosh
wordprocessing files have Yiddish language texts.

Any responses to this message will be much appreciated. Thank you. Fruma
Mohrer, YIVO Archives, New York

Fruma Mohrer
Associate Archivist
YIVO Archives