slides

Hello,
I am new to the list--and not an archivist, but a library technician who
is trying to figure out what to do with a collection donated to the
library that includes over 5000 slides.  They are from 5 to probably 50
years old and we are wondering how to preserve and store them.  We have
a limited budget as well.  Any suggestions as to the best cost-effective
way of making these safely stored and for handling and available to the
public would be most welcome.

Susan Grant
begin:vcard
n:Grant;Susan
tel;work:207-784-0135 ext. 210
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Lewiston Public Library;Reference Department
adr:;;200 Lisbon Street;Lewiston;Maine;04240;
version:2.1
x-mozilla-cpt:;-23776
fn:Susan Grant
end:vcard