Re: inquiry

Dear Monica:

I, too, am a graduate student interested in Archival Science and Records Management.  I am finishing my tenure at The University of Texas where I have had the pleasure to be a student of Dr. David Gracy.  I would be honored to exchange correspondence with you about the unique position graduate students hold as they study this field; however, might I direct your attention to a new listserv created for graduate students and new professionals in Archives?  Subscribe to "archives_talk@list.gcsu.edu", post your question again, and I'm sure you'll receive a great deal of advice.  Judging from the introductions posted to the list over the past week, it's a friendly bunch.  *smile*

Yours,

Mimi Dionne
Masters Candidate
Archival Science and Records Management
The University of Texas at Austin
mdionne@mail.utexas.edu

My name is Monica. Currently, I am a graduate student at Emporia State University. I am interested in archives/manuscripts. Could someone share with me a minimal list of credentials one needs to have for a job in these fields?

 Thank You,
 Monica