Dr. Melvia Fairetta Avery and Dr. Mildred Curtis

I am looking for information on Melvia Fairetta Avery, M.D., and Mildred Curtis, M.D.  They both graduated from the University of Kansas School of Medicine in 1906.  Dr. Avery moved her practice to Lander, Wyoming, around 1913, and died there about 1918.  I am especially interested in finding some information from her time in Wyoming.

Dr. Curtis practiced in Iola, Kansas.  She may also have been in Clay Center and Ft. Scott, Kansas.  All I have been able to located on her is a short obituary from the Iola paper, saying that she died in Ft. Scott.

If anyone has any information on either of these women, no matter how obscure, please contact me.

Thank you,

Nancy Hulston