Building Specs

The below request came to me from a music librarian friend at another institution.  I wanted to consult the list before replying as I have never been directly involved in writing specs for building plans.  Does anyone have specific suggestions I could forward on?

Please feel free to reply directly to me at amy.williams@truman.nara.gov.

Thanks in advance,
Amy Williams

>Amy -
>The head piano tech at the Conservatory was wanting to know how >libraries and archives write their specs for environmental controls.  He's >wanting to work on wording for future building plans and wondered if >there was pre-existing material libraries and archives used that would >be effective.  Any ideas?

Amy L. Williams
Archivist
Harry S. Truman Library
500 West US Highway 24