Videos in University Archives, Take Two

Greetings!

After the discussion of videos in university archives,
I thought I would ask a variant of the question. Since
technology is changing so fast, what format should the
duplicate copies of 16 mm films should be placed on?
VHS tapes? CD-ROMS? DVDs? Other?

Any suggestions or comments would be helpful, since
the University of Maine at Farmington's Archives is
planning to make copies of its 16 mm films so that
patrons can have more access to them and to preserve
the original copy.

Thank-you.

Holly M. Howes
Archives Coordinator