NFACE needs info on your educational programs by Feb 10

The National Forum on Archival Continuing Education (NFACE) project is
collecting information about ALL formal training activities offered to ALL
kinds of historical recordkeepers in 1999 or planned for 2000.

DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 10, 2000
We are collecting this information in preparation for the invited NFACE
conference that will be held April 27-29 in Decatur GA, so our turn around
is very short.  To learn more about the goals and activities of NFACE, see
http://www.coshrc.org/nface

If your organization offers such training (or you have been an instructor),
please take the time NOW to tell us about it.  Instructions and background
information are at http://www.coshrc.org/nface/edprogs/surveyoverview.htm
The on-line data entry form is located at
http://www.ecommcode.com/COSHRC/ed_progs_survey_form.cfm
Please complete SEPARATE forms for EACH educational event.

We are seeking information about ALL educational programs (workshops,
seminars, institutes, online courses, etc) that any organization has
delivered to ANY keepers of historical records:  professional archivists
(including your own staff), conservators, librarians, local historical
societies, state & local govt employees, volunteers, etc.  We're trying to
be as comprehensive and wide reaching as possible, so if you're in doubt,
include it.  We would rather weed things out later than miss something
because you don't think it qualifies.

All of the information collected will be compiled into a directory that will
be posted on the COSHRC/NFACE website at
http://www.coshrc.org/nface/edprogs/educ_opport.html.  The first set of
postings from the database should be ready by late February.

At the NFACE conference, attendees will use the data to analyze the training
that is currently available for all kinds of historical recordskeepers and
determine what new training opportunities need to be developed.  We will be
looking for holes in terms of topics, level of experience, and geographical
coverage, among others.  The more entries we get for this database, the
better our conclusions will be.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Vicki Walch
NFACE Project Coordinator
Phone:  319/338-6650           Fax:  319/354-2526
http://www.coshrc.org/nface