Recent Messages

I have always believed that restraint is a highly underrated virtue, and I
am writing the list to request that a certain level of it be returned to the
postings that are being written for the listserv.  In the last couple of
weeks there have been too many insults directed at specific people and their
opinions, and even petty ridicule of spelling and grammar errors.  The
statements and language are of the type that would never be said in
face-to-face interactions--not unless you were looking to get physically
assaulted or permanently damage both working and personal relationships.
And I am sure I am not alone in stating that I get no pleasure or
enlightenment from the messages that have the tone of schoolyard taunting
and petty bickering. Using words like "unprofessional", statements such as
"you're an idiot", and holding someone up to ridicule for a spelling error
causes damage to both the recipient and the sender, and are completely
unnecessary to informed discussion.  Just because this is e-mail does not
mean that tact and civility have vanished.  Everyone has the right to
exposes themselves, but when other people are listening the WAY you express
yourself must considered carefully.  So PLEASE, think twice before hitting
the "SEND" button. I for one would be grateful.

Awaiting a return to professional discussion and respect for other's
opinions,

Maria
Confidential e-mail for addressee only