Re: your mail

Mauriel:

What dreadful treatment!  The worst part is that it was not a single
individual nor a "corporate" attitude.  Everyone who was working there was
participating.  This has nothing to do with "correctness,"  my mother taught
me that this is basic civility--to treat each human being with respect.

My understanding about such operations is that they stay afloat with their
room rates, but they make a profit through other amenities.  Forcing an
important, but not wealthy, association to go under because of such an
investment would not be an acceptable consequence.  Perhaps those attending
could use the hotel as a bedroom and as nothing else.

In Mauriel's experience, no one deserved a gratuity.

Carol

Carol E.B. Choksy, Ph.D., CRM
Doculabs
4103 Golden Grove Road, Greenwood, IN 46143
Tel: 317-535-7117
Fax: 317-535-7784
Email: cchoksy@doculabs.com
www.doculabs.com