Re: digital dissertations

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Elizabeth Scott wrote:

> Has anyone had experience with the digital dissertation service offered by
> Bell and Howell (UMI)?    Our library director is quite enamored of the
> idea, which provides one paper copy of a dissertation/thesis along with
> online rights to the text.  The library would no longer be responsible for
> maintaining the archival copy of our own dissertations--instead B & H would
> do it (digitally).  I have a lot of reservations about this, but thought I'd
> see if anyone else had any thoughts or experiences.

I have used this service as a student. It is wonderful for students,
although a little pricey. I paid $24.50 for a copy of a dissertation. The
service was convenient and fast. And, I didn't have to stand at a copier
forever.

That was my only experience, but it was great.

Mike

Mike Lehman                   | Office : 662-325-2327              |
Assistant Registrar           | Fax    : 662-325-1846              |
Mississippi State University  | E-mail : mdl1@ra.msstate.edu       |
P.O.Box 7468  MSU, MS  39762  |                                    |