From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On
Behalf Of Metzer, Laren
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 12:59 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Appraisal Models

The California State Archives is undertaking an internal study of various
appraisal models. As part of this effort, we are interested in receiving
information about appraisal methodologies and procedures from other
repositories. In particular, we are interested in the following:

1.      documentation strategies
2.      macro appraisal models, e.g. appraisal by function
3.      appraisal of electronic records
4.      Boles and Young model

Please reply off-list to lmetzer@ss.ca.gov <mailto:lmetzer@ss.ca.gov>  or
send information to: