Low- or No-Cost Way to Exhibit Papers

I'm seeking ideas of how to display single papers (regular 8.5"X11") in a
no- or low-cost way, in a long hallway. Placing items into or onto the wall
is frowned upon.  There are no ceiling panels, from which I might consider
dropping a lightweight support on which to attach the papers. I must also
leave adequate room for pedestrians in the hallway, not violate firecodes by
blocking escape doors, etc. In the past, at another location, a ribbon-like
material was dropped from the metallic gridwork of the ceiling panels,
providing sufficient support for the stapled papers positioned individually
onto the ribbon. The budget for this is practically nil.  I know this sounds
like something for David Copperfield to work magic with, but I know how
resourceful archivists can be. Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Sharon Lee Butcher
Reference Librarian
AEDC Technical Library
100 Kindel Drive, Suite C212