Re: Newspaper

You might be interested in the web sites for the United States Newspaper Program, "a cooperative national effort among the states and the federal government to locate, catalog, and preserve on microfilm newspapers published in the United States from the eighteenth century to the present."   Start from:

http://www.neh.gov/preservation/usnp.html

The program hires staff in each state to go to libraries, archives, and other repositories to find out what newspaper are in the area. They catalog them on OCLC, and eventually microfilm the most important ones.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist
Culinary Institute of America
433 Albany Post Road
Hyde Park, NY  12538-1499
(914) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Mauricio Ennes <mesouza@DOMAIN.COM.BR> 02/24/00 08:15AM >>>
      Listserv,

I work in newspaper archives in Brazil, and I am cursing post-graduation in Information Science.  My thesis is about newspaper archives, but not administration documents.  I´m interested in books or papers about this object and would know if someone works in documentation center like me.

Joyce Ennes
j.ennes@domain.com.br