Re: Query: WWII Social History Repositories

Joan, we do have asmall collection of photographs and other materials related to WWii in arizona and our new gallery "Views from the Homefront, WWII in Arizona" is now open to the public.  Our Web site is http://www.tempe.gov/ahs.  I'd be interested in all sources you may find.  Thank you!

>>> "Joan E. Denman" <silver2@TDO.INFI.NET> 03/02/00 10:40AM >>>
Everyone:

I'm compiling a list of repository holdings on the social history of
World War II, i.e. personal papers, letters, dairies, manuscripts, and
photos of the period from military service personnel, nurses, defense
and other Home Front workers, volunteers with the USO, Red Cross,
Civilian Defense, OSS personnel, Merchant Marines, WASPs, etc.

Military history and documents of unit campaigns are not of primary
interest, but will be welcomed.

Would you kindly give me the following:

1) name and address of repository

2) web page if available

3) brief description of holdings OR whom to
contact for more information.

Thank you for your assistance with this project!
--
Joan E. Denman
Archival Assistant