                From:   Elizabeth H. Dow [mailto:edow@ZOO.UVM.EDU]
                Sent:   Tuesday, March 07, 2000 9:55 AM
                To:     SCHANG@mailhost.bridgew.edu
                Subject:        Indexing primary documents

                        In preparation for a meeting on the indexing of
primary historical
                documents published on the Web, I'd like to look at a wide
range of
                projects and methods.

                        I'm specifically interested in projects that have
published
                original materials and attempted to provide intellectual
access other than
                relying on the power of a search engine. Anything, be it
.edu, .org, .gov,
                or .com, is welcome.

                        In addition, I would be intersted in looking at some
particularly
                nimble and intelligent search engines you may know of.

                        Thanks for your time.

                Elizabeth H. Dow, Ph.D.   edow@zoo.uvm.edu
                Special Collections -- Bailey/Howe Library
                University of Vermont
                        and
                College of Library and Information Science
                University of South Carolina

                To subscribe or unsubscribe, send e-mail to
listserv@listserv.muohio.edu
archives@listserv.muohio.edu

                Or to do *anything* (and enjoy doing it!), use the web
interface at

                Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt
<rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>