advice needed

Title: advice needed

Colleagues:

I must justify, in a one-page document, why a profesisonal archivist is still needed to oversee and address maintainence issues for collections that are "finished" in terms of organization, arrangement, description, etc.  I have been working on this and have some points listed, such as on-going reference, additions to "related materials," etc., but I want to be very thorough.  I will be presenting this document to non-archivists and need to make it clear (jargon-free!) and yet emphatic -- you know, why we are indispensible.  Please share your wisdom and help me make an iron-clad case.  You may email me directly and I will share with the list later if there is interest.

Many thanks,
Maggie

Maggie Yax, MLS
Albert B. Sabin Archivist
Cincinnati Medical Heritage Center
University of Cincinnati Medical Center's AIT&L
121 Wherry Hall
Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0574
Phone: 513-558-5121
Fax: 513-558-0472