Multiple Copies of Material in Archives

Greetings,

The Archives at the University of Maine at Farmington
is undergoing a massive re-organizational project (its
been neglected for about a decade). During the
organizational process I have come across multiple
copies (3 or more) of the same edition of a handbook,
pamphlet, etc. My supervisor and I are wondering how
many copies of such items do other university/college
archives keep? I am in favor of keeping two copies,
whereas my boss only wants to keep one copy.

Thank-you.

Holly M. Howes
Archives Coordinator
Mantor Library