How Many Photocopies is too Many?

I think this question has been recently discussed, but I need some
help.  Last fall, an out-of-state patron requested 1000 photocopies from
a collection.  A grad student was hired, and the photocopying was done.
Now, the patron would like the remaining folders copied (ca. 2000 more
copies).  In all, the 6 folders or 3000 items constitute the entire
correspondence of one area, but a small percentage of the collection.

What is standard practice in other Special Collections and/or archives.
Do you make this many photocopies for a patron?  We haven't had this
question before and would like some suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Beth Turcy Kilmarx
Curator of Rare Books and Manuscripts
Special Collections