Re: job market

 We have had increasing problems finding ( and keeping ) staff in the past
few years. I think several factors contribute to this. One of course is
the "booming economy." Pizza delivery drivers in Denver make $15 an hour.
I am also seeing many more contract processing jobs appearing. I think
that "back in the day" folks were more willing to sacrifice salary for
long term job satisfaction and security. That is not the case now. People
are willing to risk being out of work when the contract runs out in a year
if the contract salary is higher.

 We are also asking employees to do more with technology. The skills
required are increasing, while perhaps the salaries are not keeping up
accordingly.

Anyone else having the same experience?

 Steve Fisher
 University of Denver