Future Archivist...

Greetings!

I've been following this discussion for a while now.  Over the past several years, I have researched different graduate programs involving archival studies.  I first began with the more traditional style programs in the history depts.  Then I gathered info on the MLS programs with a specialization in archival management.  Due to the technological advances in the field, I've finally decided that it seems best for me to obtain an MLIS with a specialization in archival studies.  Such programs exist, but they are few in comparison to the demands of the workplace now-a-days.

So my very long intro leads to this: Have any recent graduates in the field obtained an MLIS with a specialization in archival studies and found it more useful overall?

Likely, I will be heading into the Art Museum World.

Any insights would prove valuable.  Thanks!

Please reply directly to me or to the list if you find it relevant.

oh, and yes... I know pretty much what I'm getting into with the salary bit  :-)

Jan Kuebel
Library Assistant

Stout Reference Library
Indianapolis Museum of Art