Re: Archivists

I have forwarded this request for those who may be interested and/or have the time.

P. Macia Richardson, MLS <macia@indiana.edu>
Archivist, Head of Public/Tech Services
Archives of African American Music and Culture (AAAMC)
812.855.8547
812.855.8545 (fax)
2805 E. 10th Street, Ste. 181
Bloomington, IN. 47408

--- Begin Message ---
Dear Ms. Richardson:

I am a senior history major at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana.  I am currently enrolled in a public history course, and am preparing a career assessment project on archivists.

If you have a moment to answer the following questions, I would be most grateful.  If not, thank you for your time in reading this.

1.  What are the greatest challenges faced by archivists in today's fast-paced, increasingly "electronic" society?

2.  What areas of training are most valuable to archivists?

3.  What advice would you offer to someone entering this career field?

4.  Why did you choose to enter this career field?

5.  What organizations, groups, career resources and educational institutions are most valuable to archivists?

Any other comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time.

Cheryl Vore

--- End Message ---