Photograph use trends

At the Rockefeller Archive Center, we have noticed an increase in the
amount of images being used in documentaries and other non-scholarly works,
and we were wondering if any of the list members know of any recent
articles that discuss photograph use trends.

Is the increase in use just the outcome of having material available on the
Internet? (FYI - We do not have any images available on the web for
browsing.....yet).

Is it due to the sheer number of  television channels (cable and public tv)
that need documentaries to fill time slots?

Any suggestions for reading material, or comments would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Michele Hiltzik

Michele Hiltzik
Archivist
Rockefeller Archive Center
15 Dayton Avenue
Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591 USA

Phone:(914)631-4505  Direct line:(914)366-6342
Fax:(914)631-6017
e-mail: hiltzim@rockvax.rockefeller.edu
http://www.rockefeller.edu/archive.ctr