Obediah Holmes

Hello List-ers:

I'm usually a lurker but sometimes I have a question and today I do.

A student here is looking for information on the whipping of the Rev.
Obediah/Obadiah Holmes in 1651 in Boston.  I've wondered if there are
newspaper accounts from that time available somewhere on the web.  We've
found some printed information, but I thought a newspaper story from
that actual time period would be fun to see for him.  He is in a Baptist
traditions class here and is writing a paper on Holmes.

Any assistance is appreciated.  Have a nice Thursday (what's left of
it).

Arlette Copeland
Mercer University Tarver Library
Special Collections Assistant