Re: [Fwd: Preservation Management Institute]

I can attest that Rutgers' Preservation Management Institute is excellent,
as I attended the 3 sessions in the 1998-99 program (the first). Not only
was the director knowledgeable and a good teacher but we had several guest
speakers on pest control, binding, photographs, and other topics. We also
had field trips to Preservation Resources in Bethlehem, PA and the
preservation department at Columbia University. Attendees were from a
variety of types and sizes of institutions and everyone went home much
more knowledgeable about preservation and how to apply what they learned
to their own situations. I would definitely recommend the Institute to
anyone interested. Again, the url is: www.scils.rutgers.edu/pds/pmi.html.

Pat Turpening
Head, Preservation and Archives
University of Cincinnati Law Library