[All-Staff] Position Announcement - UL 116

Hi All,

Please do not respond to me on this posting...I am forwarding it to the
widest possible audience. I know how well suited archivists can be for
these types of jobs, so ARCHIVES seemed like a good choice.

Sincerely,
Chuck Thomas

>POSITION:    DIGITAL LIBRARY DIRECTOR
>
>NOTE:  Complete job description (UL 116) under Academic Job Postings at:
>
>http://www.ohr.umn.edu/1617/job_details.cfm?id=2761
>
>University of Minnesota Libraries-Twin Cities Campus
>http://www.lib.umn.edu
>
>DIGITAL LIBRARY DIRECTOR
>
>The University of Minnesota Libraries seeks an individual who will provide
>innovative and dynamic leadership in advancing the Libraries' technological
>and digital presence in the University and beyond.  The Digital Library
>Director will plan and implement digital initiatives and will have
>responsibility for a variety of issues associated with digital technology
>including, but not limited to, intellectual property, access management,
>imaging, digital archiving, content development, technical infrastructure,
>and intellectual accessibility and service issues.  The director will be
>advised and assisted by the Digital Library Steering Committee, whose
>membership includes University faculty, administrators, and library staff.

>Required Qualifications:  Advanced degree in library science, information
>science or computer science or other appropriate field; at least five years
>of progressively more advanced responsibilities in digital technology
>applications; excellent written and verbal communication skills; success in
>proposal writing and grantsmanship; ability to work in a team-based
>organization; experience in project management; demonstrated leadership
>ability; knowledge of library and research advances in digital technology;
>and an understanding of industry developments and directions.  Preferred
>qualifications include an undergraduate degree in the sciences, and a
>second masters degree.
>
>Salary and Benefits:  This is a full time, 12-month academic administrative
>appointment.  Salary is very competitive, commensurate with qualifications.
> Excellent benefits and substantial moving allowance.
>
>To Apply:  Send a letter of application, resume, and the names, addresses,
>telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three current professional
>references to Linda DeBeau-Melting, Libraries Human Resources Office,
>University Libraries, 499 Wilson Library, 309 19th Ave. So., Mpls., MN
>55455-0414.  Please identify your application with number UL116.
>Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
>
>The University of Minnesota is committed to the policy that all persons
>shall have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without
>regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital
>status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual
>orientation.

"The only thing that's worse than watching a bad movie
 is being in one."
  --Elvis Presley, From THE QUOTABLE KING
    (Nashville: Cumberland House, 1997)

"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum" (Love me, love my dog)
 - A proverb mentioned by St. Bernard in his SERMO PRIMUS

Charles F. Thomas, Certified Archivist
Digital Projects Coordinator
Elmer L. Andersen Library, Room 6
222 21st Avenue South