Re: Permanent Value of Audit Reports

The Records Manager here in Connecticut sees audits as a valuable source of institutional history.  Not only can the aduit report illustrate financial history, but it can also include suggestions for improving operations or management.  Consider the audit an annual report in a slightly different format.

Barbara Austen
Project Archivist
Connecticut State Archives
231 Capitol Ave.
Hartford CT 06106
(860) 566-5650
bausten@cslib.org

>>> NINA OSIER <Nina.Osier@STATE.ME.US> 04/19/00 01:33PM >>>
Maine's State Archivist, Jim Henderson, has asked me to post this
question/challenge.

What is the permanent value of audit reports?

Although we've probably heard all the usual reasons, assume we haven't, please.
If a student in a basic archives class asked you this question, what answer
would you give?

Thanks!

Nina M. Osier, Director
Division of Records Management Services
Maine State Archives
Nina.Osier@state.me.us
(cross posting to RM list; please excuse the duplication if you subscribe to
both, as I do)