SCA Northern Spring Program

The Society of California Archivists, Inc. is pleased to present its
northern spring program on Friday, May 12th, 2000 at Levi Strauss & Co.
"Make New Friends and Keep the Old: Outreach and Public Relations in
Archives"

We know that we have gems of collections. How then do we reach our
researchers, our institutions, our members, our public? Come hear some
speakers who have succeeded at drawing in their constituents and educating
their loyal users. We will learn about brochures, events, web sites, press
relations, and more. Bring your own stories and samples of successful
outreach to share. Then return to your home institution and effectively
use these ideas to help your institution.

Speakers: Mike Durand, Director, Corporate Communications, Charles Schwab
& Co., Inc.; Waverly Lowell, Curator, Environmental Design Archives,
UCBerkeley; Alison Moore, Manager, Historical Services and Archives,
California State Automobile Association; Laura O'Hara, Assistant
Archivist, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center; and Julie Ulmer, Educator,
Judah L. Magnes Museum.

For more information about schedule, fees, and registration see:
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~lohara/spring00north.html
Or contact  Laura O'Hara at (650)926-8584 or lohara@slac.stanford.edu or
Michele Wellck (415)750-7301 or mwellck@calacademy.org

Laura O'Hara                            Tel: 650.926.8584
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center      Fax: 650.926.5371
Archives and History Office             e-mail: lohara@slac.stanford.edu
P.O. Box 4394 MS 82                     http://www.slac.stanford.edu/history
Stanford, CA 94309