Re: Student Database

On 20 Apr 00, at 18:22, bj_dalton wrote:
Bob, last fall I was provided a copy of TEST MANAGER by
Prentice Hall to use with my Political Science classes.  To quote
from the preface, "Test Manager offers the user a powerful set of
software tools for use in today's classroom.  These components
are designed to work in conjunction with one another to provide an
instructor with a valuable set of programs for the creation,
administration, and grading of exams."  It can be used as a
network database for multiple instructors, maintains course, class
and student data, allows the instructor to create, print and manage
course tests, creates, manages and prints out grade reports and,
finally, can be accessed via the internet by the instructors and
students.

While I haven't used all of Test Manager's features, the ones I have
used have been user friendly.  And the istruction book isn't half bad
to understand.  I highly recommend it.
Jerry L. Parker

> Any one know of any inexpensive off-the-shelf software programs that would manage student files (student info, course info, class info, grades, etc.,)   I've been asked to set up a program in Access, but I would prefer to use an off-the-shelf product if compatable and hopefully, within in
reason (cost).  Small non-profit association doing some training.

parker@aci.net
www.nevadamercantile.com
jparker@nevadamercantile.com

http://equinox.comnet.unr.edu/homepage/jlp/