Sent: Monday, April 24, 2000 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: Website Reliability

I think it is great to see a librarian asking good questions about the reliability of web-based information, and getting positive press coverage for it.

Is it an invasion of privacy to take random samples (as the article stated) of sites visited by students and study them?  It seems to me the school has a responsibility to make sure that the resources are being used to best advantage by the students(users).  Don't most repositories track usage in one form or another?  These were not someone's personal computers after all.