Imagemouse Plus for 35mm micofilm

Kobi wrote:

> http://www.anacomp.com/ImageMouse/index.html

> It looks like a really cool product.

Cool indeed! Has anyone used an Imagemouse Plus for accessing 35mm roll film?
This version of the  product consists of a 35mm microfilm transport, lens, and
scanner assembly which interfaces to a PC via the USB port on a computer
running Windows 98, second edition, which apparently supports this device
directly.

The Imagemouse unit for use with microfiche only sells for $995.  I have not
seen a price on the Imagemouse Plus, which handles 35mm roll film.  The manual
for the Imagemouse, available at the Anacomp site mentioned above, does not get
into details of lens availability, so I am left wondering whether it will
handle 12x microfilm. Still it was remarkable to read a manual which included
directions for installation of a Windows program AND a diagram of the film path
on a microfilm reader.

I'm looking forward to trying this device and would like to hear from anyone
else who has used it.

Steve Johnson
Wildlife Conservation Society
sjohnson@wcs.org