Re: Time Capsules

One thing I would definitely suggest is that you be prepared to protect
yourself from mold - that is, bring an appropriate mask or respirator and
gloves.  I attended a time capsule opening a few months ago and I was very
glad that I had brought my respirator and gloves with me - there was some
nasty stuff, let me tell you!

You might also want to take a camera to record the "real" opening of the
capsule and the condition of its contents.

Also, I think a preview is a great idea.  If the contents turn out to be
mush, far better to find that out at a private viewing than a public grand
opening.

Good luck!

Sandy Hempe
Conservator