From: Barbara Austen [mailto:BAusten@CSL.CTSTATEU.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 8:16 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: microfilming projects

Hello.  I am the project archivist for the O'Neill Gobernatorial Papers
project at the Connecticut State Archives.  I am processing the governor's
office records for his ten year tenure with the ultimate goal of having
these records microfilmed.  I am still processing, but need to do this with
the final product in mind.  The total collection includes 100 records
storage cartons and nearly 100 document boxes.

Is there a repository in the northeast that is engaged in microfilming a
collection of similar size?  If so, would it be possible for me and the
state archivist to arrange a visit to see how you are arranging the work
flow?  I also need some guidance in creating targets.

Thanks for any help the list can provide.

Barbara Austen
Project Archivist
Connecticut State Archives
231 Capitol Ave.