Digital Archivist Position @ CIESIN

FYI.

Apologies for cross-posting.

Cheers,

        Chris Lenhardt
        Assoc Dir for Information Services
        CIESIN - Columbia University

CIESIN (Center for International Earth Science Information
Network,http://www.ciesin.org) at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of
Columbia University in Palisades, NY seeks a qualified individual to
manage and develop our digital archive.  Activities include but are not
limited to data acquisition, data archiving according to recognized
standards, directing archive staff, developing and implementing policies
and procedures related to managing CIESIN?s data holdings, and working
with metadata staff.

Minimum Qualifications include a Master?s or higher degree in computer,
information, or social science field.  Extensive database, with
programming and data management experience and  five years related work
experience required.

Send Resume  and cover letter to: M. Mokhtari, Manager of Human
Resources, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University,
Palisades, New York 10964
Screening of applicants will begin on May 31, 2000 and continue until a
selection is made.

We Act Affirmatively Toward Equal Employment Opportunity
 We encourage women and minorities to apply.