jobs

Because of notices that I received about sending this announcement in straight text and not as an attachment, I am resending it.  Thanks for your cooperation

ARCHIVIST

ARCHIVES OF AMERICAN ART
SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION
NEW YORK, NEW YORK

The Archives of American Art is the world's largest single source for documentary materials on the visual arts of the United States. Our collections, representing over 13,000 cubic feet of correspondence, personal papers and sketch books, gallery records and photographs, chronicle the evolution of American art through the unique perspective of the artists themselves.  This wealth of material is made available on line on the Internet, and through Research Libraries Information Network (RLIN), as well as microfilm in the Archives headquarters and two regional centers.  We offer the opportunity for an experienced archivist to manage our archives center in mid-town Manhattan. This position includes direct involvement with reference services and consulting/advising researchers, basic collection arrangement including description and collection level computer data entry, and the opportunity to assist in bringing new collections into the archives.  This person will coordinate a 2 person staff.  Visit our web site   www.si.edu/artarchives  Qualifications: Bachelors degree that includes 18 credits of US history /political science plus 12 credits of art history, American studies or related courses and a minimum 3 years archival work experience. Salary: This is a Federal Civil Service position . GS11 starting salary $43,915 advancing to a maximum of $ 57,090.  Applications: Applications must be received by May 30, 2000.  For a complete application package call our 24 hour automated job line at 202-287-3102, press 9 and ask for announcement # 00CT-1150 or see the Smithsonian web site at www.si.edu  (Click - Ahow to get involved@).   For specific questions concerning the position contact: Chris Tart 202-287-2442 or Jim Byers, Archives of American Art, 202-314-3905 / Byers@aaa.si.edu.  We are an equal opportunity employer.