Archival History Roundtable

The Archival History Roundtable will meet at the SAA conference in
Denver on Friday, 1 September from 3:30-5:00.  We are looking for
people who would be interested in presenting papers on archival history
topics.  In the last several years papers have been given on the HRC
in a particular state; the history of state historical society and archives
and of a private historical society; archival legislation in the early
nineteenth century U.S.; the use of historical documentation by a prominent
19th century historian; the history of archival development in a U.S.
colonial possession; the evolution of a prominent archival principle;
biographical studies of prominent archivists; and an overview of archives
in ancient Athens.  Obviously, the definition of archival history is very
broad.  Many of the papers were done for class assignments in archival
education programs, but some represent ongoing research at the post graduate
level.
If you would be interested in making a presentation to the Roundtable
at the Denver meeting, please contact me.
Thanks,
Bruce Turner
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
(337) 482-5702  [voice]