Re: Researcher Request for Candy Cigarette Manufacturers

It is possible that candy cigarette products are specialized enough that there would not have been a magazine dealing specifically with them. Our catalog shows the following periodicals for the candy industry:

Title                     Candy industry.
 Imprint                      New York, : Magazines for Industry,
  Pub date                      Vol. 147, no. 7 (July 1982)-
( for some reason, the record for this doesn't have a 780 field, so I can't tell you what the previous title would have been, but the publisher might be able to help)
publisher's web page: http://www.candyindustry.com

Title             The Confectioner.
 Imprint        Orlando, Fla. : American Pub. Corp.,
  Pub date    Vol. 74, no. 7/8 (Nov./Dec. 1989)-
(Previous title: Confectioner Magazine)
publisher's web page: http://www.confectioner.com

Title                    The Manufacturing confectioner.    MC
 Imprint                 Glen Rock, N.J., Manufacturing Confectioner,
Pub date               Vol. 36 (Oct. 1956)-
Previous title: Candy manufacturer, 1921-1923. (there's no other previous title info)
Publisher's web page:  http://www.gomc.com

I don't have holdings information available other than what we have, but knowing titles of magazines may help you track down  locations near you.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

(note change of address as of May 2000)
Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(914) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Melissa Lowenberg <mlowenberg@HOTMAIL.COM> 06/01/00 10:24PM >>>
Hello,
I am a student archivist working at an advertising history archives.  Our
holdings include a number of different candy cigarette products but a
researcher would like more information about the manufacturing companies.

THe researcher is interested in any trade publications for the candy
manufacturing industry and/or for candy cigarette industry