Hank Greenberg Information

Hello Everyone,
I'm trying to dig up some info for a patron who
believes that Hall of Fame baseball player Hank
Greenberg did his military training at Miami
University sometime in 1940 or before December
7,1941. I have been unable to verify this from our
extant records. Miami was involved in some
military training programs, but primarily after
our entry into WWII. The one prior training
program I could find which Miami cosponsored was a
Civilian Air Flight Training program that started
in 1940. There are no extant lists of students for
this program, but I suspect that if someone as
prominent as Hank Greenberg trained at Miami, it
would have been mentioned in one of our
publications. Unfortunately, I don't think this
will be good enough for my patron. Would anyone
out there have any info on Hank Greenberg's
military service, or could he/she direct me to
someone who might? I've already tried the American
Jewish Archives in Cincinnati and search Archives
USA without success. I also do not have access to
Ira Berkow's book on Hank Greenberg, there doesn't
appear to be a copy in Oxford.  Please respond to
me at the email address below and not to the list.
Thanks!

Sincerely,
Bob Schmidt
Miami University Archives