Re: Origin of term "lone arranger"

Adele:

        We will check to see when the presentation that you
describe actually occurred.  However, that occasion may not
be the first time the term was used.  I seem to recall that
one of the first SAA manuals (ca. 1972) used the term as
well (this latter observation is potentially faulty
recollection on my part).

        We'll communicate directly with Steve Fisher on our
findings.

Thanks!

Lauren

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 11:03:51 -0400 Adele Lerner
<alerner@med.cornell.edu> wrote:

> Boy, I should have spell checked my message before launching it forth. This
> repeat has some corrections...Adele
>
> Hi...I know that at least 15 years ago it was used by MARAC to describe a
> presentation at one of our meetings. Perhaps the MARAC Archivist can help you
> check the programs and be more specific. He is Lauren Brown, at Archives &
> Mss. Dept., McKeldin Library,
> University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742 (301/405-9059)
> lb42@umail.umd.edu
>
> I guess as a MARAC Foggie who attended its first meeting, I would be proud
> if this fist use of "lone arranger" could be confirmed.
>
> Regards to all....Adele
>

> At 08:40 AM 6/6/2000 -0600, you wrote:
> > Does anyone know who coined the term "lone arranger?" I am going to be
> >discussing this term in an archives class I am teaching this summer and
> >was curious about where it came from.
> >

> > Steve Fisher
> > University of Denver
> >
> >A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List!

> >      In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
> >                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES
> >
> >Or to do *anything* (and enjoy doing it!), use the web interface at
> >     http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html
> >
> >Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>
> >

> Adele A. Lerner, Archivist
> New York Weill Cornell Medical Center Archives
> 1300 York Avenue
> New York, NY  10021-4896
>
> Voice: 212-746-6072     FAX: 212-746-8279
> email alerner@med.cornell.edu
> http://www.med.cornell.edu/resources/index.html
> http://www.med.cornell.edu/centennial/archives.html
>

> Adele A. Lerner, Archivist
> New York Weill Cornell Medical Center Archives
> 1300 York Avenue
> New York, NY  10021-4896
>
> Voice: 212-746-6072     FAX: 212-746-8279
> email alerner@med.cornell.edu
> http://www.med.cornell.edu/resources/index.html
> http://www.med.cornell.edu/centennial/archives.html

Lauren Brown