Scanning Policy

All,

There is a lot of interest on the list in scanning policy, but
unfortunately there seems to be very little in actual written policy.

LSU has a written policy online; their policy does not deal with
photographs, but you might find it useful.  The website for LSU's
policy is: http://www.lib.lsu.edu/special/scanning.html .
The East Texas Research Center is in the midst of creating our
policy, and when that is complete it will also be available online.

The main issues, so far, in creating scanning policy are:
1. Who will be allowed to use the service
2. Copyright & watermarking
3. Cost to researchers
4. Preservation concerns
5. Cost in staff time

More and more issues are surfacing as I get into writing this policy.
I am still very interested in your ideas, suggestions, and concerns.

Thank you again,

Rachel galan
Assistant Director of the East Texas Research Center
Stephen F. Austin State University
Nacogdoches, Texas