eBay OhBOy

It would seem to me the purchase of items on eBay for your collections is no
more "ethically challenging" than dealing with any vendor.  In fact, it
might even be more honorable than scamming with your local
"have-I-got-a-deal-for-you" characters.  You know who I am talking about:
those guys who come into your shop with a couple of ratty brouchures or
postcards that are indeed "rare" (they are rare 'cause no one wanted them
when they were new) and tries to swap you for whatever duplicates you might
have.  Not only does this involve a great deal of time on your part to
establish prices on both ends of the trade, but it also leaves you with more
ephemera than you will ever be able to catalog.  At least with eBay you have
a slight chance that you actually paid market value for the piece.

Kim (grew up watching Monty Hall) Scott