Oral History inquiry -- thanks!

Dear list members,

Thank you for your kind (and speedy!) responses to my inquiry. In the interest of full disclosure, I am helping a friend who gave an interview to an archive that has NO agreement in place. My friend had been asked just recently (some two years after giving the interview) if he would permit his work to be used in a publication, and I said, "Did you sign an agreement?" The answer, unfortunately, was "no." Once I let him know that this is a legal issue, and that an agreement would be in the best interests of the interviewer, the interviewee (the subject), and the archive, he took a proactive (and polite) stance in order to protect his rights. I've seen and used oral history agreements in the past, but had not looked at recent examples, but thanks to the list, I've now got a starting point.

Much obliged!

Sincerely,
Marcia Segal
Washington, DC

Why pay when you don't have to? Get AltaVista Free Internet Access now!
http://jump.altavista.com/freeaccess4.go