Re: Salaries, benefits, and job hunting

I wish I could remember the author of an opinion piece I saw a few years ago
in the Chronicle of Higher Education about job hunting in academe.  The
conclusion of the author was that it was harder work LOOKING for a job than
HOLDING a job, and all the postings on this topic have certainly testified
to that truth.  I am at a point now in my career where I have served on more
search committees than the number of interview invitations I accepted when
first starting out.  I can assure you that this side of the desk, chock full
of aches, pains, and hassles, is much easier than the other.

If anyone can cite that Chronicle piece, they would be doing this list a big
favor.

Kim (staying put for now) Scott