From: Thomas Berry [mailto:tberry@WCNET.ORG]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 12:05 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Why originals should never leave . . Part II

More reasons for never letting original materials leave, as demonstrated by
the return of our(? - see previous posting) long-lost holdings:

Smashed glass in two more frames in another box; it wasn't heard because the
frames were packed tightly together glass-to-glass, so nothing fell out
until I lifted something out of the box.

A foot-high stack of photographs that were taken willy-nilly from all over
the collections. I can only guess at where at least half of them belong.

Post-it notes liberally stuck to the inside pages of a magazine that I
happened to open, which leads to a page-by-page search through the whole
foot-high stack of printed records for the little monsters.

A note in one big binder of printed records - "From my collection." Whose?
Who knows?

Never again.

Best wishes,

Thomas Berry, Archivist
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Phone 419-352-5616
Fax 419-352-6086