Archives in the movies

Well, being bored and immensely curious, I went and saw THE PATRIOT last
night.  It is pretty hilarious -- with some of the silliest dialogue ever
filmed.  My favorite part?  Mel Gibson sitting in the swamp, reading
Cornwallis' captured manuscript journal, and muttering that the man is a
genius but can be undone by his pride.  Now I believe that Cronwalliss
papers are at the Clements in Ann Arbor -- if so, they should definitely
have a special screening of this movie.  One review I read referred to it
as Norman Rockwell meets Lethal Weapon.  It is really Braveheart means the
Swamp Fox.

Richard J. Cox
Professor
Department of Library and Information Sciences
School of Information Sciences
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Voice:  412-624-3245